Thursday, November 8, 2012

Amazing benefits of Coconut Oil

I have vivid memories of my childhood days when my mom used to apply coconut oil in my hair, the aroma of it and how it used to leave my hair soft but sadly that was the ONLY purpose I knew of coconut oil. Just recently I found out that this amazing oil has many other health benefits. Some of which are:   

  • Coconut oil can help you get better skin. It can help treat skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis and rosacea.
  • Coconut oil is great for eating. It is amazing because you can also use it to cook and bake with, and because it’s saturated, it’s the safest oil to use at high temperatures.
  • Coconut oil has anti-aging properties. Its antioxidant effects can help protect against wrinkles and signs of aging —as well as heal and repair damaged skin.
  • Coconut oil makes hair grow and repairs damage. Coconut oil is also great as a deep conditioner, leave it overnight and wash it out in the morning. (my mom definitely knew about this benefit!)
  • Coconut oil can help you lose weight. The body is able to dissolve the fat from coconut oil easily into the blood. It also helps boost your metabolismmakes you feel full longer and is quickly burned for energy. (probably the best benefit ;))
  • Coconut Oil also stimulates thyroid function and helps cholesterol to be converted into anti-aging steroids that lower the risk of cancer and heart disease. It can also treat ulcers.
After finding these facts I decided that I must try coconut oil. Alhumdulillah, I saw visible results in my daughters skin as it was keeping it moisturized longer. If you're interested in getting coconut oil, ideally you want to look for a coconut oil that is certified organic, made with fresh coconuts (virgin oil), unrefined, non-hydrogenated and made without heat-processing. I tried Ojio Raw Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, but there are lots of other great brands out there! Check out any health food store to explore your options.

Interesting videos of Dr Oz revealing the benefits of Coconut Oil that I found.

OJIO Raw Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

No comments:

Post a Comment